About Red Hare Brewing & Distilling
We make quality crafted beverages that can be enjoyed everywhere, on every occasion, by everyone. Red Hare Brewing Company is an independent microbrewery located in the heart of Marietta, GA. In August 2011, Red Hare started selling craft beer throughout the state of Georgia and in 2012 became the first craft brewery in Georgia to can their beer. A second location was opened in Shallotte, North Carolina in early 2018. Red Hare Brewing Company was named fourth best brewery and accepted five medals in the 2016 U.S. Open Beer Championship, and accepted 3 medals again in 2018. Red Hare offers seven year round beverages (SPF 50/50, Tangerine SPF 50/50, Soft J IPA, Rewired IPA, Long Day Lager, CDL, and lo lo Hard Seltzer), in addition to seasonals and craft soda brands, and is currently distributed in Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama, and through central Florida. In 2020 we began distilling Red Hare rum, gin, and vodka, and we opened our third location, The Still On The Square, in downtown Marietta, GA.
The Brew Crew
Hometown: Ellijay, GA
Fun fact: Played baseball in college.
Favorite Red Hare: Cotton Tail Pale Ale, its so easy to drink, he can’t stop drinking it!
Go-to karaoke song: “American Pie” by Don McLean
Co-Founder, Head Brewer
Hometown: Woodstock, GA
Fun fact: Finds four leaf clovers every time he looks for them.
Favorite Red Hare: Rabbit’s Reserve series are his favorite because they’re the most fun to make.
Go-to karaoke song: “You’re the One That I Want” by Olivia Newton John
VP of Operations
Hometown: Valencia, Venezuela
Fun fact: Used to be a tobacco farmer, but never smoked or chewed.
Favorite Red Hare: Cotton Tail Pale Ale porque es refrescante!
Go-to karaoke song: “La Bamba” by Ritchie Valens
Senior Marketing Manager
Hometown: Florence, Kentucky
Fun fact: My left foot is an entire size bigger than my right
Favorite Red Hare: ALL OF THEM
Go-to karaoke song: “Rapper’s Delight” by The Sugarhill Gang
34º North Manager
Hometown: Thomasville, NC
Fun fact: Taught her deaf dachshund sign language
Favorite Red Hare: SPF 50/50
Go-to karaoke song: “Colt 45” by Afroman
The Still On The Square
Hometown: Kennesaw, GA
Fun fact: I scuba dive around the world
Favorite Red Hare: SPF Tangerine
Go-to karaoke song: “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice
34º North Assistant
Hometown: Winchester, Virginia
Fun fact: Is related to the founder of the 1st permanent settlement in WV, Col Morgan Morgan
Favorite Red Hare: Rewired IPA
Go-to karaoke song: “Shake it” by Metro Station
Hometown: Ringgold, Georgia
Fun fact: Once did a keg stand in a police station
Favorite Red Hare: Rewired
Go-to karaoke song: “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me” by Culture Club
This Could Be You!
Marietta Taproom Manager
Fun fact: ?
Favorite Red Hare: ?
Go-to karaoke song: ?
Hometown: Marietta, GA
Fun fact: I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue
Favorite Red Hare: Sticky Stout, because of it’s roasted goodness
Go-to karaoke song: “Wanted Dead or Alive” by Bon Jovi
Hometown: Auburn, AL
Fun fact: Was a cheerleader in the movie Big Fish.
Favorite Red Hare: Gangway IPA- he likes it hoppy.
Go-to karaoke song: Likes to get drunk and sing the alphabet.
Hometown: Cartersville, Georgia
Fun fact: Ate an entire large pizza by himself in 1st grade
Favorite Red Hare: Oktoberfest
Go-to karaoke song: “Dream Lover” by Bobby Darin
Hometown: Buford, Georgia
Fun fact: Has a 1967 VW Beetle
Favorite Red Hare: Watership Brown
Go-to karaoke song: “Total Eclipse of the Heart” by Bonnie Tyler
Hometown: Huancayo, Peru
Fun fact: When I first moved to America, I was excited to start speaking English, but everyone at the airport spoke to me in Spanish.
Favorite Red Hare: SPF 50/50
Go-to karaoke song: “Bailando” by Enrique Inglesias
Hometown: Valencia, Venezuela
Fun fact: “No se”
Favorite Red Hare: SPF 50/50
Go-to karaoke song: “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi
Hometown: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Fun fact: Has visited 5 of the 7 Wonders of the World
Favorite Red Hare: Soft J
Go-to karaoke song: “Two out of three ain’t bad” by Meatloaf
Roger Davis had semi-retired from the corporate world in 2009 when he decided to explore brewing. He contacted his buddy Bobby Thomas who jumped right in. Soon they started brewing their own beer right in Roger’s basement. They created a homemade brewing system from a 15-gallon brew pot, water coolers, various tools and hoses and started creating recipes.
After about a year and many positive reactions from their friends, they realized their little basement brewing outfit had larger potential. The Red Hare Brewing Company was born and a larger space was found to match their goals. Over the next few months Red Hare secured proper equipment and licensing. On Labor Day weekend, 2011, Red Hare Brewing opened its doors to the public for tours and tastings. Soon, Red Hare beer was only available at restaurants and pubs in Marietta, Decatur and Atlanta. Now you can find Red Hare throughout Georgia, Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
Now, situated in an 15,000 sq. ft. warehouse, Red Hare Brewing Company has a 40 barrel, three vessel brewhouse. Making every day beer for beer fans everywhere, Red Hare’s flagship beers are Long Day Lager, Rewired IPA, and SPF 50/50. Red Hare also brews a line of seasonal beers, as well as a craft soda line!
In 2020, Red Hare began its distilling operation, and it now offers rum, gin, and vodka!
MARIETTA TAPROOM - 1998
THE STILL ON THE SQUARE - 29W
SHALLOTE TAPROOM - 34N
Right near the beach!
34º North Experiment Station is Located in a historic building on Main St, in Shallotte, NC, just minutes from Ocean Isle, Holden, and Sunset Beach.
Position Title: Taproom & Events Manager
Location: Marietta, GA
Reports To: Sr. Marketing Manager
Red Hare Brewing & Distilling is an independent microbrewery and distillery located in the heart of Marietta, GA. Today you can find Red Hare beer in GA, TN, AL, FL Panhandle, NC, and SC. In April 2018 Red Hare Brewing Company opened its doors at its new Shallotte, NC location. For more information, visit /www.redharebrewing.com.
Taproom & Events Manager: The primary responsibility of the Taproom & Events Manager is to assist in promoting and increasing brand recognition for Red Hare Brewing Company. The Taproom & Events Manager will oversee the taproom operations and events planning program for the brewery while providing exceptional customer service and promoting high quality beer and spirits to create a memorable experience.
Key performance measures include: Meet sales quota; build and train a Taproom team that creates the ‘Red Hare Experience’ for our customers; and build Red Hare brand by educating our customers.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage and oversee taproom operations and efficiencies
- Train staff to efficiently manage transactions including opening and closing procedures for taproom and events
- Educate staff on our beers and spirits, techniques, history, and creating exceptional customer experience
- Create monthly staffing schedules for taproom and events
- Manage taproom beer and spirits inventory daily with Arryved sales system
- Order and manage all Red Hare merchandise inventory
- Merchandise the taproom displays to effectively sell beer, spirits, and other products
- Provide customers with beer information, history, and able to respond to customers questions via phone and email in a timely fashion
- Inform customers where to find Red Hare beers/spirits at retail, restaurants, and outside events
- Maintain a friendly, warm, and clean tasting room environment including outdoor areas
- Clean, organize, and re-stock tasting room
- Work with the management team on marketing incentives, promotions, and events planning
- Manage the sales and execution of both private and public events
- Create metrics to measure success rate for taproom and events, and detect areas needing improvement to achieve optimal customer service, brand recognition, and sales goals
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to gain customer loyalty
- Coordinate with management team communications and coordination of all details for onsite and offsite events; and inform staff and public of Red Hare Brewing & Distilling activities
- Complete and deliver weekly Operations Reports for the owners
- Other duties as necessary
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management and/or Marketing
- Minimum 3 years of hospitality management and events planning experience
- Bartending experience required
- Brewing or home brewing knowledge is a plus
- Experience with Hootsuite or other social media management platform
- Must be a team player and possess “can do” leadership attitude
- Must be highly motivated, independent, and able to give clear direction to the team
- Previous managerial experience in hiring, training, supervising, and scheduling employees
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to develop, implement, and reach sales goals
- Ability to provide customers with an unforgettable beer tasting experience
- Must be able to work weekends, some evenings, and holidays
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Creativity and outside the box thinking a plus
- Professional appearance and attitude are required
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to stand on feet for 3-4 hours at a time
- Must be at least 21 years old
Red Hare Brewing Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment decisions based on any factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.